Recipe provided by Strive for Wellness®
Servings: 2 (Size: 1 cup)
½ cup old-fashioned oats, dry
½ cup nonfat or low-fat milk
½ cup plain nonfat or low-fat Greek yogurt
2 teaspoons honey
½ teaspoon vanilla extract
½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
⅛ teaspoon ground nutmeg
½ cup fruit (sliced peaches or bananas work well)
1 tablespoon nuts (slivered almonds, chopped walnuts or chopped pecans work well)
- Add the oats and milk into a container (will need a tight-fitting lid).
- Layer yogurt, honey, vanilla and spices over the oats.
- Put a layer of fruit on top, garnished with nuts.
- Put a tight-fitting lid on the container and refrigerate overnight, for at least four hours.
- Oatmeal can be eaten cold in the morning, or warmed in the microwave for a few minutes, if preferred.
Serving size 1 cup
Amount per serving
% Daily Value
Total Fat 7g11%
Saturated Fat 1g5%
Total Carbohydrate 38g13%
Dietary Fiber 4g16%
Total Sugars 19g