Creamy Alfredo Sauce
Recipe provided by Strive for Wellness®
Servings: 10 (Size: ¼ cup)
½ small shallot, minced
4 cloves of garlic, minced
1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
1 cup unsalted chicken stock
1 cup nonfat plain Greek yogurt, room temperature
1 tablespoon corn starch, divided (2 teaspoon and 1 teaspoon)
½ cup shredded parmesan cheese
¼ teaspoon ground black pepper
- Wisk together 2 teaspoons corn starch with the chicken stock until fully blended without clumps. Set aside.
- In a small bowl, whisk together 1 teaspoon corn starch with the Greek yogurt until fully blended. Set aside.
- Preheat saucepan over medium-high heat. Add olive oil, garlic and shallot and sauté until fragrant.
- Add chicken stock mixture and black pepper to the sauce pan. Stir frequently while the stock thickens and comes to a simmer.
- Reduce the heat to medium-low. Gradually temper the Greek yogurt with the stock by adding a very small amount of stock to the Greek yogurt and whisking together. Continue to do this until the yogurt is warm.
- Pour the yogurt mixture into the saucepan and stir over medium-low heat.
- Once the sauce has reheated, add the parmesan cheese. Gradually stir until the cheese has melted.
- Allow the sauce to sit over low heat for 10-15 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Top your favorite pasta dish.
- Tip: Sauce is best when served fresh.
Serving size ¼ cup
Amount per serving
% Daily Value
Total Fat 3g5%
Saturated Fat 1.25g6%
Total Carbohydrate 3g1%