Cranberry Pistachio Granola Bars
Recipe modified by Strive for Wellness®
Servings: 16 squares
1 cup old-fashioned oats
¼ cup pistachios, roughly chopped
¼ cup pumpkin seeds
2 tablespoons ground flaxseed
1 cup whole grain puffed rice cereal (unsweetened)
¼ cup dried cranberries, chopped
¼ cup creamy natural peanut butter or almond butter
¼ cup honey
½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spray an 8×8 or 9×9 square pan with non-stick cooking spray and set aside.
- On a baking sheet (preferably with a rim) add oats, pumpkin seeds and flaxseed and combine until well mixed.
- Place this mixture in the oven and bake for about 3 minutes. Then add pistachios and continue baking for an additional 2-3 minutes. Watch closely: The nuts will burn if overcooked!
- Remove oat mixture from the oven and place in a large bowl.
- Add cranberries and puffed rice cereal. Toss, and set aside.
- Combine peanut butter, honey and vanilla in a small saucepan and cook over medium heat for about 3 minutes, stirring until bubbles appear.
- Remove from heat, and pour over oat mixture.
- Stir with a spatula until well-combined, and transfer to the greased square pan, pressing with spatula until mixture is flat and even.
- Refrigerate for about 45 minutes to an hour, until the bars are cool and firm. Cut the bars into squares, and store covered in the refrigerator.
Calories: 94, Total Fat: 3.8g (6%), Saturated Fat: 1g (5%), Sodium: 2mg (1%), Total Carbohydrate: 14g (5%), Protein: 2.5g
Serving size 1 square
Amount per serving
% Daily Value
Total Fat 3.8g6%
Saturated Fat 1g5%
Total Carbohydrate 14g5%