Bananas Foster Pudding Cups
Recipe modified by Strive for Wellness®
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 20 minutes
3 medium bananas, divided
1½ cups 2% milk, divided
2 tablespoons pure maple syrup
1 large egg
2 tablespoons cornstarch
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon, divided
⅛ teaspoon sea salt
¼ cup chopped pecans
1 teaspoon unsalted butter
- In a medium-sized bowl, add two bananas and mash until a thick puree is formed. Slice remaining banana into ½-inch pieces and set aside.
- Add ½ cup milk, maple syrup and egg to puree and whisk together until it is well incorporated.
- Add cornstarch, ¾ teaspoon cinnamon and salt, and whisk together for about 2 minutes.
- Place banana mixture into a medium pan and cook on stovetop over medium heat.
- Gradually add in remaining 1 cup milk, continuing to stir for 3 to 4 minutes, or until the pudding begins to set.
- Once you see the back of the spoon begin to coat with pudding, remove from heat and continue to stir for 30 seconds.
- Set aside and allow to cool for about 10 minutes.
- Add chopped pecans to a medium nonstick skillet and toast over medium heat for approximately 5 minutes, stirring continuously.
- Remove from heat and place pecans in a small bowl.
- Place skillet back on stovetop, turn heat to low and add butter.
- Once butter begins to melt, stir in sliced bananas and cook over medium heat for 5-8 minutes, stirring often.
- Once bananas begin to appear brown and shiny, remove from heat and stir in ¼ teaspoon cinnamon.
- It's time to assemble! Place ½ cup pudding in the bottom of 4 small containers.
- Top each pudding cup with 3 tablespoons bananas and 1 tablespoon pecans. Enjoy!
Calories: 225, Total Fat: 10g (15%), Saturated Fat: 3g (15%), Cholesterol: 57mg (19%), Sodium: 149mg (6%), Total Carbohydrate: 31g (10%), Dietary Fiber: 3g (12%), Total Sugars: 18g, Protein: 6g, Potassium: 411mg (12%), Phosphorus: 141mg (14%)
Serving size 1 container
Amount per serving
% Daily Value
Total Fat 10g15%
Saturated Fat 3g15%
Total Carbohydrate 31g10%
Dietary Fiber 3g12%
Total Sugars 18g