Baked Cod and Veggie Foil Packets
Recipe modified by Strive for Wellness®
Servings: 4 (Size: 1 packet)
3 tablespoons olive oil, divided
2 tablespoons chopped fresh basil
2 cloves garlic, minced
½ teaspoon salt, divided (¼ teaspoon for step 3, ¼ teaspoon for step 5)
½ teaspoon pepper, divided (¼ teaspoon for step 3, ¼ teaspoon for step 5)
2 cups grape or cherry tomatoes, halved
1½ cups fresh or frozen (thawed) corn kernels
½ cup chopped green onions
1 small zucchini, halved and thinly sliced
4 (5-ounce) cod fillets
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Cut aluminum foil into 4 sheets, 16x12 inches each, and set aside.
- Add 2 tablespoons olive oil, basil, garlic, ¼ teaspoon salt and ¼ teaspoon black pepper into a large bowl and give a quick stir to combine ingredients. Add vegetables to bowl and stir until vegetables are coated with olive oil mixture.
- Arrange foil sheets on a clean work area, divide vegetable mixture evenly across the 4 sheets of foil, and top each with a cod fillet.
- Sprinkle remaining 1 tablespoon olive oil,¼ teaspoon salt and ¼ teaspoon black pepper across the tops of each foil packet.
- Fold and tightly seal foil into packets, and place them onto a large baking sheet.
- Bake for 18 minutes. Packets are done when you are able to "flake" the fish with a fork. If not quite finished, bake for up to 5 more minutes, checking fish periodically.
- Once finished, serve the packets. Use caution when opening them as there will be steam trapped inside.
Serving size 1 packet
Amount per serving
% Daily Value
Total Fat 12g18%
Saturated Fat 2g10%
Total Carbohydrate 15g5%
Dietary Fiber 2g8%