Slow Cooker Brown Sugar and Balsamic-Glazed Pork Tenderloin
Recipe modified by Strive for Wellness®
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 8 hours
1 teaspoon ground sage
½ teaspoon salt
¼ teaspoon pepper
1 garlic clove, crushed
½ cup water
2 pounds pork tenderloin
½ cup brown sugar
1 tablespoon cornstarch
¼ cup balsamic vinegar
½ cup water
2 tablespoons soy sauce
- Mix together the seasonings: sage, salt, pepper and garlic.
- Place 1/2 cup water in slow cooker, followed by the tenderloin, and sprinkle seasonings over tenderloin. Cook on low for 6 to 8 hours.
- One hour before the roast is finished, mix together the ingredients for the glaze in a small saucepan: brown sugar, cornstarch, balsamic vinegar, water and soy sauce.
- Heat over medium and stir until mixture thickens, about 4 minutes.
- Brush roast with glaze 2 or 3 times during the last hour of cooking. (For a more caramelized crust, remove from crock pot and place on aluminum lined sheet pan, glaze, and set under broiler for 1 to 2 minutes, until bubbly and caramelized. Repeat 2 to 3 more times until desired crust is achieved.)
- Serve with remaining glaze on the side.
Calories: 246, Total Fat: 3g (5%), Total Carbohydrate: 22g (7%), Protein: 31g
Amount per serving
% Daily Value
Total Fat 3g5%
Total Carbohydrate 22g7%