There are certain medications that MCHCP will cover at 100% when accompanied by a prescription and filled at a network pharmacy. Covered drugs are those described in the U.S. Preventive Services Task Force (categories A and B) and Health Resources and Services Administration (HRSA) Guidelines for women, as well as infants, children and adolescents, including the American Academy of Pediatrics Bright Futures periodicity guidelines.
- Aspirin, 81mg for women up to age 55 with preeclampsia risk, generic
- Aspirin, for adults 50-59 years of age for the prevention of cardiovascular disease and colorectal cancer, generic
- Birth control, preferred (non-preferred may be covered in limited situations)
- Bowel prep (preferred and Over-the-Counter [OTC]), generic
- Flouride for children aged 6 months through 12 years
- Folic Acid, 400 to 800 mcg/day for women up to age 50, generic
- Iron Supplement for members aged 6-12 months
- Nicotine replacement therapy, OTC
- Quit tobacco medications for members aged 18 and over, preferred
- Statins for adults 40-75 years of age for the prevention of cardiovascular disease, generic low-to-moderate dose, when certain medical criteria are met
- Tamoxifen (generic), Raloxifene (generic), and Soltamox (brand — Tamoxifen liquid for patients who have difficulty swallowing the tablets) for the prevention of breast cancer
Preventive services are designed to help identify potential health risks, allowing for early diagnosis and treatment. When done regularly, members not only save valuable time and money, but also experience better overall health outcomes. Visit the UnitedHealthcare® Review plan benefits & costs page for more information.