Message from MCHCP Regarding Coronavirus (COVID-19)
Although the MCHCP office is closed to the public , it is important to know that your MCHCP benefits and support are available to you. During regular business hours, MCHCP Member Services is still available to assist you with any questions you may have toll-free at 800-487-0771.
Here are some of the benefits available to you through MCHCP that could make it easier for you and your family to limit possible exposure and slow the transmission of the virus. Be sure to check back frequently to see any updates to this information:
- Anthem members
Medicare Advantage members
- Testing, visit and treatment:
Members meeting the requirements for COVID-19 testing will have the testing and visit covered at 100%, and members will have treatment needed for COVID-19 covered at 100% starting Mar. 13, 2020 throughout the duration of the public emergency.
- COVID-19 Vaccines:
COVID-19 vaccines are covered at 100%. Information from the Missouri Department of Health and Senior Services about the COVID-19 vaccine can be found at https://covidvaccine.mo.gov/. Members should speak with their provider about receiving the vaccine.
- Telehealth visits:
- All LiveHealth® Online virtual health visits are covered at 100% through Dec. 31, 2021.
- Prior to Oct. 1, 2020, all other virtual visits were covered at 100%. Starting Oct. 1, 2020, all other virtual visits will have cost share.
- COVID-19 testing, visits and treatment:
COVID-19 testing and related visits, including telehealth, are covered at 100% through Jan. 20, 2021. COVID-19 treatment, including telehealth, is covered at 100% through Jan. 31, 2021.
- COVID-19 Vaccines:
COVID-19 vaccines are covered at $0 cost-share through Dec. 31, 2021. Information from the Missouri Department of Health and Senior Services about the COVID-19 vaccine can be found at https://covidvaccine.mo.gov/. Members should speak with their provider about receiving the vaccine.
- Non-COVID-19 related services:
- Virtual Doctor Visits with AmWell and Doctor on Demand through UnitedHealthcare are covered at 100% on an ongoing basis.
- Primary care in-person and primary care telehealth visits with in-network and out-of-network providers are covered at 100% through Dec. 31, 2020.
- Non-primary care telehealth visits with in-network and out-of-network providers for medical, mental health, physical therapy, occupational therapy, speech therapy, chiropractic, home health, vision and hearing services will be covered through Dec. 31, 2020. You will be responsible for any copay, coinsurance and deductible.
View more information from Anthem and UnitedHealthcare® about COVID-19, and how to protect yourself and those around you.
- Pharmacy options to help with social distancing:
You can continue getting your medications without having to take multiple trips to the pharmacy. Express Scripts has options that include 90-day supplies of medication and a home delivery service. Log in to your myMCHCP account and select the "Prescription" icon to connect to Express Scripts for more information about these services.
- SELF (available to active employees):
COVID-19 and the response to combating the virus can be stressful. Our SELF program (through ComPsych) offers counseling services, financial support and child- and elder-care planning at no cost to you or members of your household, 24/7. Log in to myMCHCP and select the "SELF" icon for more information.
- Health Savings Account (HSA) and Flexible Savings Account (FSA) changes for allowable expenses:
The passage of the Coronavirus Aid, Relief, and Economic Security (CARES) Act changes how over-the-counter health products without a prescription qualify as an eligible expense. Menstrual care products are also added as eligible expenses. If you have an HSA, please consult the Internal Revenue Service (IRS) or your tax advisor about these changes. If you are enrolled in a FSA through MOCafe visit their website for more information on how these changes may affect you.
MCHCP office work policy and in-person visits:
To safeguard the health and safety of our members and employees, MCHCP is closed for in-person appointments and will only provide phone service through further notice. Members who wish to set up a phone appointment can call MCHCP Member Services toll-free at 800-487-0771. We appreciate everyone’s patience and cooperation in looking out for the health and safety of everyone involved with MCHCP.
Payment or plan document drop-off:
For those wishing to physically drop off a payment or plan document, there is a black drop box at the front entrance near the MCHCP sign at the MCHCP building, 832 Weathered Rock Court, Jefferson City, MO 65101. We recommend that members take advantage of the numerous electronic ways to make payments and submit plan documents from the comfort of your home.